Professionals who work with children and families

If you are a professional who works with children and families (e.g. teachers, doctors, or police) and you have concerns about a First Nations family, you can refer them to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Family Wellbeing Services.

Family Wellbeing Services are a one stop shop specifically for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families to access support to improve their social, emotional, physical and spiritual wellbeing, and build their capacity to safely care for and protect their children.

How to refer a family

Anyone can refer a family to Family Wellbeing Services for help. You can:

What happens when you refer a family

Your nearest Family Wellbeing Service will be in contact with you to discuss the referral details.

Making a report to Child Safety

If we receive information to suggest a child may be in need of protection, a report will be made to Child Safety.

Promotional materials

An Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Family Wellbeing Services brochure (PDF, 486 KB) brochure (DOCX, 15 KB)flyer (PDF, 250 KB) flyer (DOCX, 12 KB) and poster (PDF, 297 KB) are available for professionals and families.

How can I contact Family Wellbeing Services?

You can make contact by visiting us in person, calling 1300 117 095 to find a service near you or by completing our online referral form.

Find your nearest Family Wellbeing Service

To find your closest Family Wellbeing Service, view the below map and zoom in or search by location, selecting your preferred search distance.


View the list of all Family Wellbeing Services locations